1. Flux7’s product VyScale won an Honorable mention at AWS re:Invent.
2. My paper [MICRO12] won the best paper award.
3. My papers [ASPLOS’09, ASPLOS’10] were selected for publication in Micro Top Picks, 2009 and 2010. Papers are chosen from top international conferences on the basis of their significance and influence.
4. Intel PhD. Fellowship, 2009. One of the 26 winners from all universities in the US. Provided full tuition for one year, monthly stipend (a total of $23000), and a travel grant ($1500).
5. Graduate Dean’s Prestigious Fellowship at UT, 2009. The fellowship included a cash award and a reduction in tuition fees.
6. Blog articles featured on websites like Slashdot, HackerNews, and DeveloperZone.
7. Medal for graduating from UT with Highest Honors, Spring 2003.[/li]
8. Distinguished Scholar Medal, Spring 2002.
9. UT Engineering Scholar, Spring 2001 to Spring 2003.
10. TxTEC Scholar, 2002-2003.
11. The prize included a cash award of $1000
12. College Scholar, Spring 2003.
Follow Aater as a Technology Council Contributor on
1. MorphCore: An Energy-Efficient Microarchitecture for High-Performance ILP and High Throughput TLP The 45th Annual International Symposium on Microarchitecture, December 1, 2012
2. Bottleneck Identification and Scheduling in Multithreaded Applications
Proceedings of the 15th ACM International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS).
3. Feedback-Driven Pipeline Parallelism
Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT), 2010
4. Data Marshalling for Multi-core Architectures
Proceedings of the 37th International Symposium on Computer Architecture, 2010
5. Accelerating Critical Section Execution with Asymmetric Multi-Core Architectures
Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), 2009
6. Feedback-Driven Threading: Higher-performance and Power-efficient execution of multithreaded workloads on CMPs
Proceedings of the 13th ACM International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), 2008
7. LDIS: Increasing Cache Capacity by Filtering Unused Words in Cache Line
Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA), 2007
8. 2D-Profiling: Detecting Input-Dependent Branches with a Single Input Data Set
Proceedings of the 4th Annual International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization (CGO), 2006
9. Resizeable Cache Architecture for High Yield SOC
Proceedings of the International Conference on IC Design and Technology, 2009
10. ICESat Laser Altimeter Measurement Time Validation System
Measurement Science and Technology
11. ICESat Geolocation Validation Using Airborne Photography
IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 2010
12. Feedback-Driven Pipelining
HPS Technical Report, TR-HPS-2010-001, 2010
13. An Asymmetric Multi-core Architecture for Accelerating Critical Sections
HPS Technical Report, TR-HPS-2008-003, 2008
14. ACMP: Balancing Hardware Efficiency and Programmer Efficiency
HPS Technical Report, TR-HPS-2007-001, 2007
15. 2D-Profiling: Detecting Input-Dependent Branches with a Single Input Data Set HPS Technical Report, TR-HPS-2006-001 2006
AWS re:Invent 2016: Get Technically Inspired by Container-Powered Migrations – Aater Suleman joins AWS partner solutions architect and AWS executive cloud strategist to share a technical journey through application migration and refactoring using containerized technologies. Flux 7 recently worked with Rent-a-Center to perform a Hybris migration from their datacenter to AWS and you can hear how they used Amazon ECS, the new Application Load Balancer, and Auto Scaling to meet the customers’ business objectives.
AWS re:Invent 2016: Deploying Scalable SAP Hybris Clusters using Docker – Aater Suleman joins Rent-A-Center’s Senior Director of DevOps to present their challenge: to architect, deploy, and manage a mission-critical SAP Hybris ecommerce platform that could scale to 2 million users a month. Together with Flux7, an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, Rent-A-Center created an AWS-based approach that would help deliver the solution to market faster, in a secure, highly available, PCI-compliant fashion. In this session, we walk through the implementation details of this solution and its challenges, and explore how Rent-A-Center is now able to achieve ROI through agility, scalability, security, and cost savings.
Lessons From Using Docker to Improve Web Developer Productivity – Aater Suleman and the general manager for Cars.com co-present at the inaugural DockerCon. Cars.com used Docker containers to optimize their code delivery pipeline and implement a DevOps approach that sped time to market.